Retirement Village - Starckwood
Our retirement village known as Starckwood, consisting of six blocks built on open portions of the spacious wooded grounds.
About the Retirement Village
Almost fifty years ago the late George and Annie Starck resolved to make an extraordinarily generous gift – that of bequeathing their magnificent home for the benefit of the elderly. The result was the establishment of a fine retirement complex in the grounds of the Starck homestead that has provided many residents with a caring home.
Our retirement village known as Starckwood, consisting of six blocks built on open portions of the spacious wooded grounds. Starckwood Retirement Village consists of 60 high-quality one and two bedroomed units as well as a healthcare facility which can accommodate 52 residents and which also has 2 acute wards of 4 beds each to assist residents in short-term recovery.
Lock-up garages are available to be purchased. Meals can be ordered at a fee. Age qualification for residence is 60, however, 10% of residents may be between the ages of 50-60.
Services We offer:
- Availability of meals
- 24-hour frail care which offers professional nursing care.
- A Clinic Service is available at our Healthcare Facility, by appointment
- Terminal nursing care.
- Convalescence facilities for permanent residents.
- 24-hour security and access control.
- Availability of centralized laundry service.
- Transport to shopping
centres, once a week.
- Regular outings and cultural evenings at a nominal cost.
- Religious services, every Thursday afternoon in our chapel, by various denominations and several bible study groups.
Services We offer:
- Exercise group, handwork group and games mornings.
- Swimming pool.
- Special Christmas lunch for residents, held early December.
- Hairdresser, library and tuck shop.
- Weekly video shows and recreational functions.
- Services of a social worker– upon request and at a fee
- Podiatrist and physiotherapist available privately, upon request and at a fee.
- The Homes continuously strive to improve their service to their residents through their quality assurance program.
Need more information
If you are interested in the Retirement Village and would like additional information.