A brand new retirement village known as Starckwood consisting of six blocks built on open portions of the spacious wooded grounds.
About the Retirement Village
Almost fifty years ago the late George and Annie Starck resolved to make an extraordinarily generous gift – that of bequeathing their magnificent home for the benefit of the elderly.
The result was the establishment of a fine retirement complex in the grounds of the Starck homestead that has provided many residents with a caring home. A brand new retirement village known as Starckwood consisting of six blocks built on open portions of the spacious wooded grounds.
Starckwood Retirement Village consists of 60 high-quality one and two bedroomed units as well as a frail-care unit which can accommodate 8 residents. Lock-up garages are available to be purchased. Meals can be ordered at a fee.
Services We offer:
• Three meals and three teas per day, served in each unit’s dining room or reading room.
• 24-hour frail care which offers professional nursing care.
• Regular blood pressure clinic for all residents.
• Terminal nursing care.
• Convalescence facilities for permanent residents.
• 24-hour security and access control.
• Centralized laundry services, which is included in the tariff.
• Transport to shopping centres, once a week.
• Regular outings and cultural evenings at a nominal cost.
• Religious services, every Thursday afternoon in our chapel, by various denominations and several bible study groups.
• Exercise group, handwork group and games mornings.
• Swimming pool.
• Special Christmas lunch for residents, held early December.
Services We offer:
- Hairdresser, library and tuck shop.
- Weekly video shows and recreational functions.
- Emergency bells in all rooms.
- Meals in rooms to residents who are ill.
- Services of part-time social worker/organizer.
- Podiatrist and physiotherapist available privately, upon request and at a fee.
- The Homes continuously strive to improve their service to their residents through their quality assurance program.
- Fully equipped self-catering two-roomed flat can be rented to accommodate visitors at a reasonable rate.
Need more information
If you are interested in the Retirement Village and would like additional information.